On behalf of AWWA, ARTRAC, I convey my greetings and best wishes to all members of the AWWA fraternity.
AWWA, ARTRAC has two major roles to play. The first is to organize and conduct AWWA activities locally at HQ ARTRAC in Shimla. The second is to oversee the FWO activities in the 32 Category A Training Establishments of Indian Army that come under ARTRAC and have a pan India footprint.
I am happy to report that with the efforts of our predecessor, Regional President AWWA, we now have a newly constructed VTC building and are looking forward to executing many more activities for our ladies and children in Shimla.
Most of the 32 Cat A Training Establishments are situated on beautiful campuses all over India and regularly conduct multifarious AWWA activities. In order to maintain the environment and bio-diversity of these campuses, we at ARTRAC are encouraging the FWOs to take initiatives for enhancing environmental awareness and taking further measures for waste segregation as well as compost-making.
Some recent initiatives include a locally manufactured incinerator made by CME, a Saddle Bag Making Project by Military Intelligence School (both at Pune) and reaching out to Veer Naris in the remote interiors of Orissa by Army Air Defence School at Gopalpur, apart from a host of activities by other Establishments.
We, as Team ARTRAC, will continue to endeavour to take ahead the vision of AWWA with special focus on enhancing Women Empowerment, Skill Development, Childrens’ Education, Welfare of Veer Naris, upliftment of the underprivileged and ensuring a safe and secure environment for our families.
As another year comes around, we resolve to re-dedicate ourselves to the goals of AWWA.
Mrs Samina Sirohi
Offg Regional President AWWA
3. Task of ARTRAC AWWA is as follows :-
(a) To spread awareness through:-
(i) Activities & workshops.
(ii) Lectures & discussions.
(iii) Goal oriented drives.
(iv) Children Education.
(v) Knowledge of welfare schemes.
(b) To facilitate empowerment through:-
(i) Assistance in securing legal rights.
(ii) Vocational training.
(iii) Facilitating empowerment / self employment.
(c) To provide assistance for:-
(i) Receiving authorised financial assistance and grants.
(ii) Self reliance through educational and vocational activities.
(iii) Medical & health Care.
(iv) Financial Management.
(d) To engage with the local Community through:-
(i) Community outreach programmes in Schools/orphanages/hospitals/old age homes.
(e) To assist Veer Naris for the following:-
(i) Securing their authorized entitlement.
(ii) Monitoring their well being.
(iii) Facilitating employment / self employment.
4. Local Governing Body
(a) Ex Officio Members
Regional President AWWA.
Regional Vice President AWWA.
Nominated Members – 03.
(b) Chairperson : AWWA Institutes
Veer Nari Committee.
Community Outreach Committee.
Vocational Training Centre.
Nikhar Beauty Parlor (incl ext counter at Summer Hill).
Chhavi Regtl Shop.
AWWA INSTITUTES AT SHIMLA
5. Chhavi Regtl Shop A gift shop is being run under the aegis of AWWA, ARTRAC to facilitate provisioning of those items which are not included in the inventory of URC. The shop caters to the needs of defence personnel and their families in the station. It includes a variety of handicrafts, dress material, decorative items, kitchenware, ladies purse and high quality leather goods at a reasonable price. Chhavi Regtl Shop has recently been renovated.
6. Nikhar Beauty Parlour HQ ARTRAC has 18 JCOs and 172 OR families in stn. ARTRAC AWWA has been undertaking various AWWA projects from time to time for the welfare of the families. Recently at ARTRAC Shimla a Beauty Parlour ‘Nikhar’ has been renovated with state of the art facilities.
7. Vocational Training Centre (VTC) The infrastructure of VTC at Shimla has been upgraded so as to provide adequate ‘State of the Art’ facilities to the families which is the KRA of our Regional President ARTRAC, AWWA. Courses conducted at VTC are as under:-
(i) Computer Aided Language Learning Course in English Language (six weeks).
(ii) Basic Computer Course (two weeks).
(iii) Block Printing Course (three weeks).
(iv) Sewing and Stitching Course (two weeks).
(v) Beauty and Grooming Course (two weeks).
(vi) Cooking Course (two weeks).
ARTRAC AWWA IN CAT ‘A’ ESTS
8. Responsibility Towards Cat ‘A’ Ests ARTRAC AWWA is responsible for the following:-
(a) Monitoring of activities.
(b) Dissemination of information and processing of requirements.
(c) Issue of advisory on AWWA activities and management of AWWA Institutes with a view to bring in quality improvement and standardization.
(d) Mediation with Central AWWA.
AWWA AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
9. Contribution of the ladies & children towards AWWA activities has been recognized through AWWA Award of Excellence as under:-
(a) President AWWA ‘Award of Excellence’.
(b) Regional President AWWA ‘Award of Excellence’.
(c) Regional President AWWA ‘Certificate of Appreciation’.
10. ARTRAC AWWA constantly endeavours to improve the projects and facilities created at ARTRAC as also at Category ‘A’ training establishments in the country. Empowerment of ‘Army Wife’ by launching literacy and awareness drive with regard to health care, legal rights and financial management of the household will continue to be the primary objective of AWWA.